CURRENTLY INTERMEDIATE LESSONS ARE NOT HAPPENING. PLEASE CONTACT KISYUU IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
In this class, you will:
Polish and further develop skills you learned from 8-weeks Beginner Course
Select the style you want to focus on learning (i.e. Kaisho, Gyosho, Sousho, Reisho, and Tensho, and Kana)
Learn history of calligraphy includes different writing styles of famous calligraphers in China
Have a deeper understanding of the beauty of calligraphy: the quality of brush strokes, ink tone, structure, your own character and personality and the artwork that is alive
Learn and practice at your pace
Be able to observe and learn from others in the class
Participate Shodo Canada Annual Competition (optional)
Learn how to create your own artwork
Have a space to find the personal inner peace
REQUIREMENT: Completion of Kisyuu Calligraphy 8-Weeks Beginner Course and/or previous experience in Japanese calligraphy in a past. Lecture will be taught in English.
LECTURE & TEXTS:
- Lessons will be instructed by Kisyuu. Original worksheets and handouts will be provided.
- Lesson will be taught in English. Knowledge of Japanese language is not necessary.
SUPPLIES & MATERIALS:
- Please bring your own Calligraphy basic tools and materials. Additional paper is available for purchase in class.
CANCELLATION & ABSENCE POLICY:
- Registration fee is not refundable.
- When you miss the class, you cannot send another person to fill your spot or ask for a refund. However, it is possible to make up the class in another session on Tuesday’s Beginner Class if the course is happening or take a private lesson with additional cost if you can let the facilitator know the days you will miss class prior to registration.